Maturity terms lettuce
• By maturity
salads are divided into spring, summer and autumn (early-ripe and late-ripening). Early varieties ripen in open ground for 35–40 days, and later - 75−100.
• By choosing early varieties of lettuce,
you will get the crop earlier, but under the hot sun and with a long daylight, salads will quickly produce flowering shoots and become unfit for food.
• Late ripe varieties of salad
resistant to flowering, they can be used longer in food.
• Grow salad
seedlings or sown seeds in the ground.
If the salad is not cut, but torn with your hands, more vitamins will be saved!
1 Salads contain potassium, phosphorus, calcium, iron, zinc, magnesium, chromium, folic acid, vitamins C, B1, B2, B5, B6, PP, E, A
2 Eating salads improves appetite, calms the nervous system, and has a positive effect on well-being in patients with gastritis and diabetes.
3 Lollo-Rossa is a leader among lettuce varieties in terms of calcium and mineral salts.
4 Chicory is a very valuable dietary product that helps improve blood circulation and the functioning of the liver and gall bladder.
5 Phillies improves the functioning of the thyroid gland and the cardiovascular system.
6 In spinach, vitamins A and C are preserved even when cooked. He is the leader in protein!
7 Arugula has a lot of iodine and vitamin C.
Iceberg Romain Frillis
Frize Chicory Radiccio
Lettuce Spinach Lollo-Ross Mangold
Spicy and spicy
Watercress Arugula Rocket salad Mustard leaves
Spinach (not really a salad, but very tasty and healthy)
• Ripening dates: 2 months.
• Taste Delicate juicy leaves are oily and sweet.
• Care Demanding on light, moisture and soil fertility, but resistant to low temperatures.
• Dishes: any vegetable and green salads, sandwiches and even cabbage rolls!
• Ripening dates: 20-30 days.
• Taste very gentle and soft, almost neutral.
• Care Before sowing, it is advisable to soak the seeds during the day, changing the water 2-3 times.
• Dishes: Spinach is the perfect side dish for soups.
• Ripening dates: 45 days.
• Taste very pleasant, tender, with a light, pungent bitterness.
• Care Abundant watering at the root, you can plant several times.
• Dishes It is combined with meat, vegetables, used as a pillow for dishes.
Arugula (also not a salad)
• Ripening dates: 98−114 days.
• Taste juicy, bitter-tart. • Care In the summer it is inedible, it is grown for root crops. In winter, they carry out the forcing of the cabbage heads.
• Dishes: add to salads, stew in white wine and bake.
• Ripening dates: 20−25 days.
• Taste very bright, mustard nut.
• Care Arugula is completely unpretentious, only regular watering is required. With abundant watering, the leaves become tender and less bitter. You can plant from early spring to the end of summer.
• Dishes: recommended as a side dish for meat and fish dishes, goes well with cheeses and cottage cheese, goes well with honey and mustard sauces. It is better to eat salads with arugula immediately after cooking and not to cut with a knife.
• Ripening dates: 55−75 days.
• Taste rich spicy bitter, very juicy and tender.
• Care Not picky about the soil. Need regular watering and loosening. Must be sown before the end of June.
• Dishes: addition to salads, can be stewed in oil and red wine.
• Ripening dates: 48−80 days depending on growing conditions.
• Taste tender, juicy, crispy.
• Care The salad is unpretentious and suitable for growing on various types of soils.
• Dishes: various salads, a side dish for meat, poultry or decoration of dishes.
• Ripening dates: 40−45 days.
• Taste tender, with bitterness.
• Care Light-loving, cold-resistant salad. To keep the core light, the leaves are bound.Dishes: suitable for salad mixes, cheeses, shrimps, fish dishes.
• Ripening dates: 70−75 days, early ripe varieties 40−45 days.
• Taste crispy, very juicy.
• Care Almost does not respond to short droughts and cold weather. Seedlings are best planted on knolls.
• Dishes: basis for any salad, addition to sandwiches, side dishes.
I want to receive useful tips in the mail.
We have sent a confirmation email to your email.